iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Intel|AMD SSE2|SSE3 incl. PPF5
iPC OSx86 10.5.6 PPF2
Mac OSx86 Leopard 10.5.6 for AMD|Intel SSE2|SSE3
Built by PCWiz
ISO File **** : iPC_OSx86_10.5.6_AMD_Intel_PPF2.iso
ISO File Size : 4.29 GB (4,617,052,160 bytes)
MD5 Hash of ISO File : 0fbdc0ed0bed502e026cca9cf42efa2c
Download Size : 3.35 GB (3,602,200,787 bytes) ~ 18*200MB split RAR
DVD **** System : Mac OS X 10.5.4 9E25 Retail
Installed OS : Mac OS X 10.5.6 with AppleDecrypt.kext and Disabler.kext (every install)
Languages Included : Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Finnish,
Korean, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish, Brazilian Portuguese,
Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Portuguese, Polish
Items removed from DVD for Single Layer Slimming :
Boot Camp (doesn’t work on PCs), AdditionalSpeechVoices, Printer Drivers
Updates Included : Mac OS X 10.5.6 Combo Update, Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 2, Remote Desktop Client 3.2.2
DVD Bootloader : Chameleon 1.0.11
Default installed bootloader : Chameleon 1.0.12 PC_EFI v9
DVD Boot Kernel : Voodoo Kernel 9.5.0 Final Release
PPF2 Released: Still waiting for root device fixed
This patch adds support for ATI SBxxx, Marvell IDE, nForce, and more on DVD boot.
Should be no more Still waiting for root device.
• Adds support for older ICHx chipsets
• Adds support for Marvell IDE on boot
• Adds support for ATI SBxxx chipsets on boot
iPC OSx86 PPF 1 Released
• Adds support for nForce chipsets on DVD Boot
Please make sure to read these notes very carefully!
We cannot be held responsible if you do not read the requirements.
- Choose only what your system has and nothing else
- DO NOT select more than one driver of the same type!!
For example, do not select 2 SMBIOS kexts and do not select 2 AppleHDA audio drivers, etc.
This will in many cases cause the install to fail
- If you kernel panic on startup then try doing a bare install with only the essentials (no extra drivers)
- If you get a kernel panic screen and want to see what caused it, please boot in verbose mode (-v boot flag at the F8 boot prompt)
- Default bootloader installed is PC_EFI v9, other bootloaders are available under "Alternate Bootloaders"
- Default kernel installed is 9.6.0 Vanilla kernel
- IF YOU ARE NOT INSTALLING VANILLA, PLEASE REMEMBER TO PICK A CHIPSET DRIVER TO AVOID GETTING "STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE"
- If you are nForce owners, need to pick one of the nForce chipset drivers, recommend trying the "AppleNForceATA Test" first!
- IF YOU INSTALL VOODOO 9.5.0 KERNEL YOU MUST INSTALL 9.5.0 (10.5.5) SEATBELT.KEXT
- If you are on an AMD or SSE2 System you MUST choose the Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel under Kernels.
- Voodoo kernel has a built in opt-code patcher so no binary patching is required
- On the first boot make sure to boot with the -f boot flag!
Do this to make sure that all installed kexts are loaded properly. It is only required once.
- If you installed the Chameleon with Boot Image support bootloader, and you want to activate the iPC OSx86 boot image,
then boot your system and run the following command in Terminal:
sudo /BootPicture/SetupBootPicture 1024 768
- If your system's sound does not work even after installing the proper sound drivers there may be an issue with the System Preferences.
Go to System Preferences >> Sound >> Output >> and make sure that "Internal Speakers" is chosen and not Headphones or something else.
- If you are using an NVIDIA video card older than the 6xxx series (e.g. FX5500),
you may not be able to boot with an injector installed (-v will show the boot process hang after the injector probes the card).
You will then need to install the "NVkush Complete Package" to get video working, this contains working kexts for these cards from 10.5.5.
Even then, though, there may be graphics glitches (issues with older cards).
- DO NOT install the iPC OSx86 **** System over an existing **** System!
This may cause the install to fail while installing boot.efi. Its always best to do a fresh install.
Thanks to Hara Taiki (who delivered you the release news, and for being a tireless tester!) and bhast2 (for his helpful advice) for sticking with me (PCWiz) until the end~
Thanks to the following people for their contributions to the OSx86 community:
mercurysquad and the Voodoo Team, netkas, modbin, StageXNU team, zef and the Chameleon team, BuildSmart, Kabyl, MacLovin, DiaboliK, Bronya, JaS, Gotoh, aquamac, DuNE, MeDevil, Taruga, stickpin, cyclonefr, DaemonES, iNoob, javalui, Chun Nan, Superhai, fassl, mackerintel, AnV, mac.nub, Steven Lin, inside, delish, and anyone else who I haven’t mentioned!
Custom Install Screen:
Processor : Intel Core2Duo E6850 @ 3066 MHz
Mainboard : Abit IP35-E (North Bridge: Intel Bearlake P35 | South Bridge: Intel 82801IB ICH9)
JMicron JMB368 SATA|IDE Controller, Realtek HDA ALC888/S/T, Marvell Yukon 88E8056 Gigabit Ethernet)
Memory : DDR2 2x Corsair CM2X1024-6400 1024 MB, 2x A-Data Extreme PC2-6400 512 MB
Display : ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, SyncMaster 932GW DVI, 1440x900@60Hz
HDD : WD Raptor 150GB (XP,Vista,Program) on SATA#1, WD 320GB (OSx86,Data) on SATA#2, Seagate 250GB on SATA#5
Samsung 160GB PATA & Maxtor 160GB PATA on PCI-to-IDE SiI 0680 Ultra-133 Medley ATA Raid
ODD : HP Lite-on DVDRW DH16A3L 8H1F on SATA#6, Samsung TSSTcorp DVDROM SH-D162C PATA
Firewire : PCI - VIA VT6306 Fire II IEEE1394 Host Controller (PHY: VIA VT6307)
Mouse-Key : HP Cordless 2.4GHz
TV Tuner : Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1200
Modem : Huawei E220 HSDPA USB Modem
my custom install options:
• iPC OSx86 10.5.6 **** System
• Intel ICHx SATA Drivers
• JMicronATA for JMicron IDE
• ALC888 (Old)
• Patched USB Drivers
• Dual Boot Time Sync
• Shutdown/Restart (OHR)
• Verbose Mode
• Patch DSDT
• Some Applications
• NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB EFI String
• IntelSpeedstep with GenericCPUPM Control app
• IONetworkingFamily.kext for Marvel Yukon 88E8056 Gigabit
• Move OSX86Tools.app file to Applications root folder
iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Blue Screen Installation Fix for Intel Integrated Graphics Card Fix (GMA Fix)
- If you can't extract downloaded RAR files..
Install QuickSFV, double click on z0r-iPC.10.5.6.ppf2.md5 file, then redownload the file(s) which have error/unmatched MD5 hash.
- Burn the ISO (image-to-disc) onto high quality DVD±R media with slow burn speed (2.4x-4x)
- Make sure to know the full specs of your hardware, use Everest.
- Reread the release notes and review the custom install screen above, this will make easier to select the right drivers and patches.
- Usually it will take a couple of try-outs until you get with the right selection for your hardware.
- As start is best to install ONLY the items selected by default, adding (if needed) an optional kernel (only one) and chipset support.
- If you have problem then go to troubleshooting link above.
But if you want to ask here, then post:
- full specs of your hardware (Everest - Computer Summary Report)
- what you did selected on custom install
- detail de******ion of your problem
- if stuck on booting DVD or post install, then:
reboot, hit F8 when darwin boot prompt, type -v and enter then take a shoot the error screen with your camera.
- Search is our best friend :)
- Use at your own risk.
- Share your experience.
January 16th, 2009
YOU MUST APPLY PPF1 & PPF2 BEFORE APPLYING THIS PPF
USE TOOLS LIKE PPF O MATIC, PPFMASTER, etc. etc. TO APPLY THE PPF TO THE ISO
ALWAYS VERIFY MD5 HASH BEFORE AND AFTER APPLYING PPF.
BACKUP ORIGINAL ISO IN CASE PATCHING FAILS.
MD5 Hash of PPF3 Patched ISO:
Largest PPF ever made for iPC Public beta! Includes the following changes:
• ATI SB600/700 Support
• More support for ASRock DualVSTA series motherboards
• New AppleNForceATA (slashack)
• Rebuilt skge & AppleAzaliaAudio packages
• Atheros AR5007EG driver
• Marvell Yukon 88E8056/8053/8039 Drivers
• Intel 82566MM/DC driver
• eno's nForceLAN driver
• ALC268 driver by madtux
• ALC660 driver by madtux
• ALC660VT driver by madtux
• ALC861VT driver by madtux
• ALC888 driver for ASRock DualVSTA boards
• NTFS 3-G + MacFUSE combo installer option
• NTFS-3G read/write built into iPC DVD Boot
• New Legacy GeForce package to support old GeForce cards w/ fix for System Preferences graphic glitch
• Broadcom BCM5789 driver
• Updated PowerManagement bundle (10.5.3)
• Sleep fix for GMAX3100 built into package
• Updated ATI Radeon X1950GT drivers by Bronya
• Updated Ralink RT2860 drivers
• Updated AppleDecrypt to stop "errors" and console overflow
• Completely redone drivers for all ATI Radeon HD series
• CarbonLib Fix option available
• PCGenRTL8139 Ethernet added
• New VoodooPower 1.2.1 (replacement for GenericIntelCPUPowerManagement)
• Driver package for GeForce 7600 AGP card
• ALC262 driver
• Some new apps: Perian, CPU-X, AppleJack, Zephyroth Utilities, Huawei MobileConnect
• Finder 10.5.5 option to fix Finder crashes
• New GMA900 drivers
• Options for alternate disablers
• Brand new Extensions.mkext ****d on Darwin 9.6.0
• Some other things that I probably forgot about, apply the PPF to see! Go here:
And anything that says Fixed or Done has been added to this PPF.
Download (300 MB):
Note: my uploaded ISO was patched with PFF2, so it can straight patch to PPF3.
January 19th, 2009
iPC OSx86 Public Beta PPF4
THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE LAST PPF TO IPC PUBLIC BETA.
NO PACKAGES CAN BE ADDED ANYMORE (ONLY ABOUT 4MB FREE SPACE ON THE DISC)
AND I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO FIX DVD BOOT ERRORS
PLEASE APPLY PPF1 2 AND 3 BEFORE APPLYING THIS PPF4
MD5 of PPF4 Patched ISO:
- Reverted to older Extensions.mkext to fix some boot time problems
(this may or may not fix your problems so don’t get your hopes up too high)
- Added vanilla 9.5.0 kernel for boot.
To boot using the vanilla kernel at the DVD F8 boot prompt type “vanilla”
- Added single user mode OSx86 Tools.
Go to Single user mode (-s) after installing, mount your drive (mount -uw /)
and run one of these commands to do things (the command is the “/usr/bin/*” part):
/usr/bin/install_efi - Reinstalls an EFI bootloader to the partition
/usr/bin/remove_ati_gfx - Backup and remove default OS X ATI kexts
/usr/bin/remove_intel_gfx - Backup and remove default OS X Intel kexts
/usr/bin/remove_nvidia_gfx - Backup and remove default NVIDIA kexts
/usr/bin/repair_permissions - Repairs permissions on the drive
(*NOTE*: this may not work properly from single user mode due to the DiskArbitration framework not being loaded)
/usr/bin/rm_applesetupdone - Rerun the Apple Setup Assistant on startup
/usr/bin/rm_bad_kexts - Removes some “bad” kexts (AppleHWSensor, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, AppleEFIRuntime)
/usr/bin/touch_applesetupdone - Fix for Setup Assistant loop
And that’s about it!
Again, this is the last PPF, THERE IS NO MORE ROOM TO ADD ANYTHING!!
iPC OSx86 Final LiveDVD edition is coming out soon, which is basically iPC PPF4 with a LiveDVD ****.
After a lot of slimming this LiveDVD edition is still single layer (4.36GB)
All the languages have been removed from the final iPC to get more room for the LiveDVD component, but the languages will be available separate.
Download (15.75 MB):
PPF5 Released (Last PPF to iPC Beta)
January 20th, 2009
iPC OSx86 Public Beta PPF5
THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE LAST PPF TO IPC PUBLIC BETA.
NO PACKAGES CAN BE ADDED ANYMORE
AND I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO FIX DVD BOOT ERRORS.
PLEASE APPLY PPF1 2 3 AND 4 BEFORE APPLYING THIS PPF5
MD5 of PPF5 Patched ISO:
Download (10.61 MB):
- Fixed “Installation Failed” error from PPF4
- Added Silicon Image 3134 Support
- Added ACPI Fix
- Updated GMAX3100 driver
- Rebuilt AppleAC97Audio and AppleAzaliaAudio packages
- Reverted back to the more compatible Extensions.mkext from PPF2, updated with newer ATA drivers
Say Thanks and NJOY
I follow the worldwide rule "Sharing is Caring"